If the LEDs on your Gear are all lit up in a variety of colors (including green, blue, purple, and red) then fear not! You have simply entered Gear's self-test mode. This is used to diagnosis any possible issues inside the device.
To exit self-test mode, press any one of the top buttons. The Gear will return to a powered off state.
- Dismount Gear from the wall. Re-attach the back cover. Make sure Gear is still connected to power source.
- With Gear powered-off, press and hold the 'Set', 'Pair' and 'Group' buttons for 3 seconds.
- You should see the LED’s turn teal briefly, then bright green right after. Release the buttons when it is bright green, otherwise, self-test will fail.
- The device will proceed to run tests, including a motor test.
- Once you see all purple LEDs, tap the 'X' button and then slide your finger across the touch interface as the LED’s light up purple individually.
- Once the test is complete the LEDs will be a combination of colors (green/blue/red).
To exit self-test mode, press one of the top buttons. Gear will flash red twice and return to a powered off state.