- The SmartThings V3 Hub needs to be set up and paired with your phone.
- AXIS Gear needs to be configured and put into Smart Home mode.
Note: Use the new SmartThings app to configure V3 Hubs.
- Open the SmartThings app and click on the '+' icon in the top right corner.
- Tap Add Devices > SmartThings > Other > Start > Choose Hub and Room, then click Next > Continue at Security Screen.
- Press the Pair button on Gear when it says "Pull the Battery Tab from Device" on the SmartThings app. After pairing is complete, Gear's Touch Strip will flash Green twice.
- Press the back arrow and the app will prompt the user to "Stop Setup?" Click on OK.
- The app will now show the newly added Gear as AXIS Gear and may prompt to add it to a room.
- Can rename device by editing device properties
- Tap & Hold Tile > Click on Edit to rename
- If AXIS Gear tile does not appear on the SmartThings app home screen OR if you would like to add multiple Gears, repeat Steps 1-5!)
- You can now control the device using the SmartThings Connect App.